Friday, February 4, 2011

Race for the Children

This was the 3rd year someone in our family has run this race over in Lewsville, TX. I wasn't going to run, but Komi registered and then ended up working that morning. So after I ran the 1 miler with Eli and Eva, I ran the 5k. Check out Eva covering her ears for when the gun goes off.
Eli placed 3rd overall and 1st boy this year. Last year, he placed 4th overall. He wasn't as happy as I thought he'd be because 2 girls beat him, he said. Boy, the male ego starts young.
Showing off his newest medal.
Eva was devastated she didn't get a medal like Eli. She wouldn't let me take a picture of her with her participation ribbon. SO - being the great mom that I am, I went to the prize booth and asked if by chance they had any extra medals. I was lucky they did. She was sooooo much happier when they put this around her neck!
September 18th, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Eva needs a pair of running shoes for her next race? What a fun activity. You all looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky they had other. They both looked so cute together

    ReplyDelete